(M)othering Anthology is currently seeking submissions
This upcoming book takes its title from the idea that the act of mothering (literally, figuratively, metaphorically) shapes and transforms our identity.
How does mothering make or grow you? Take us to your joy, your dark places, your aching freedoms, your confusion, your sense of wonder, your sensual. Leave us raw and in awe of your real, your wild beauty, your careful, your kind.
We invite people from all walks of life, of all beliefs and backgrounds, all genders, sexual orientation(s), identities, cultures and peoples, origins and birthplaces, to consider (m)othering on their terms and from their points of view. Our ideas are related to although not limited to the following:
- selfhood identity adoration adoption
- abortion the divine myths cults
- comfort idolatry addiction worship
- attachment freedoms birthing nourishing
- detachment incarceration bearing starving
- rearing gender present absent
- trauma loss culture feminism
- heroism love struggle children
- partners parents (i)mmigration sacrifice
- nature nurture masking claiming
- aspiring defining upending bending
- smashing bending inventing provoking
- artifice art growth joy
- ambivalence alternatives alternates afterwards
Send us your stories, your verse, and visuals.
Submit prose (up to 10 pages), poems (up to 100 lines), and images photography, and original art (please submit files as jpegs).
Submission is free. The deadline is April 30, 2019.
You retain copyright of your work.